Thursday, March 15, 2012

Up and Coming Color Story: Orange and Blue

I have gotten so much positive feedback from the orange and blue nursery that I just completed that this color scheme has really been on my mind lately.  I first saw it last Fall in the March of Dimes show house in Myers Park and both my client and I loved it when we saw it. 

Orange and teal tray from March of Dimes show house in Charlotte, NC
Well, I walked into a well-known fabric store this morning and was pleased to find a fabulous display of this new eye-catching color combo.

Up and coming color story: orange and blue


As the sales associate said, it's really just starting to show up, so right now it's hard to find fabrics with this combination, but I suspect that more and more will be popping up soon.  Here's a sneak peak of some of the fun fabrics I have found in the past 6 months in these colors.  The last one will be worked into my current orange and brown home office.  I think that adding the blue will give the space the fresh "pop" that it needs!

Interesting way to do stripes on a square ottoman or pillow
Orange and light teal paisley

Orange and light teal moroccan print

I'm excited about adding this to my current orange and brown home office!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like I'm pretty trendy...the chair I reupholstered is orange and the accent pillow is blue :)

    ReplyDelete